Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fashion from the 80s

This past Friday I went to the outlets in Estero with a friend of mine. Sometimes you just need a break and fun is the prescribed solution. Needless to say when we go out, we laugh and have a ball. We decided to go to the outlets and I was surprised really surprised. As we went through the stores I swear I was back in the 80s. All those styles by the big name designers. WOW flashback.



Not sure about anyone else, but when you hear the saying "styles will come back around," boy are they right. I am starting to think we should never get rid of our clothes, eventually they will come back in, regardless of how many years later.



I really got a kick out of the leggings, especially when I saw a pair that looked like Pat-ent leather. How about all the long sweaters? I cannot forget all the one piece outfits either. I remember at my HS graduation having a beautiful one piece gray and pink jumpsuit which I loved. However, I also remember just how much fun it was, when you needed to use a restroom wearing a one piece outfit. Back then one piece outfits were all the rave, now I stand back and giggle at the absurdity of it. Better yet, how about the dresses that have no true design? I feel like it is putting a sack over our heads with a designer label. Then I started noticing some of the color and plaid designs. Very interesting to say the least. I wonder who really decides the color schemes. I guess what would look horrendous on me would look amazing on someone else.



As I walked through these stores I was reminiscing about the styles and all the fun I had back in the 80's. Most of the clothes actually looks ridiculous to me today. Back then, these styles were all the rage, and to be strutting around in one of those outfits, wow you were just the thing.



What I really found interesting as we were walking around, were people wearing jeans or sweatpants. OK people, we are living in FL where the temperature is easily in the 90s, not to mention how humid it was that afternoon, and I am thinking "aren't you sweating your #@* off?" I guess there are people out there, who love to be in a sauna atmosphere, and sweating out toxins is enjoyable. For me shorts and tee shirt in light fabric works.



I had a great time and would advise anyone who is stressed out to take some time off and enjoy an outing with a friend.



All my perspective. How I enjoy looking around and thinking "Are you kidding me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment