Monday, July 6, 2009

Living in Florida

I have lived in Florida for over two years. I just have to say it is weird here. Since day one it has been weird. Not sure why and at this point I don't really care. I moved here on the west coast from NY. What a huge adjustment and I still have not adjusted to the way of life here.

Everyday that I am out I see and hear things that make me stop and say are you bloody kidding me? Have you ever had a palmetto bug in your closet? Have you ever heard of a palmetto bug? Personally I think it is a nice name for cockroach. That is what a palmetto bug is a cockroach. Well this sucker was in my closet flying around I almost had a heart attack. I was on the phone and made my husband go in and kill it. He at first did not see it and thought I was nuts. Well all of a sudden I heard Holy Sh** and a lot of banging. Then of course I thought it was funny. Because it never gets cold here the bugs are gigantic. In NY we have several of the same bugs but hell here they are huge. Spiders, ants, grass hoppers oh yes and crickets.

Within my first month of living here I saw a 5-6 foot snake in my backyard. It was slate grey not exactly sure what it was. People asked me what it was. Well I was not up front and center with it nor did I go outside and ask his name. That thing scared the delights out of me. Since then I see mostly black snakes do not care they are nasty. Living in NY I did not see snakes. However I have been in the city many times and have seen rats that are the size of cats and have been mistaken for cats.

I have so many stories I would love to share. Just know these are my thoughts and feelings. Some people love Florida. Me... can't wait to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment