Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lunch with Friends

I just have to share this, not really sure what to make of it myself. I went to a friend's home for lunch. There were three of us there. My friend cooks amazingly well, so going over there to have lunch is a great time. Good food, good fun and lots of laughs. The food is all home made, gourmet deliciacies, and how I love to eat. Always thinking about the food.

After lunch our other friend asks for dental floss. I didn't think anything about it until .... bam right at the table she is about to floss her teeth. I thought my other friend was going to have a stroke, not that I blame her. How do you floss your teeth in front of others at a table where people eat? So the one friend asks " you aren't going to floss your teeth at my table?" The other friend looks incredulous and says "why not?" Well I have to tell you, I was sitting there catching flies. I could not believe the tableau unfolding in front of me.

Here, we have one person who has graciously made a wonderful lunch, upset due to lack of manners from someone she invites into her home. The other person is sitting actually floored to be asked to use the bathroom to floss her teeth.

I just have to say growing up, my mother would have killed me if I ever went to someones house and started to pick my teeth at their table. So as I am watching this scene and thinking to myself... Did you grow up in a barn? Where are your manners? Finally the thought crosses my mind. Are you freaking kidding me???? I really am not interested in watching someone else floss their teeth.

What a person does in their home behind closed doors is nobodies business. However if you are doing this is public..please stop no one is interested. Even more so, people will stop and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment